Sunday, September 12, 2010

Revival!

I'm back!

The last post did say farewell for now, didn't it? I hope you missed me, because I missed this blog. In fact, I missed it so much that I actually enrolled in an independent study to get the chance to write for you guys again.

For those of you that are new here, welcome. I'm Melissa, a freelance reporter and Catholic revert. You can catch up on my story thus far by checking out this post.

I'm now a college senior, and there are only eight months standing between me and a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism. It's often hard to believe that the finish line is this close; in so many ways, I just got here.

For now, though, it's good to be back in business. This time, I'm writing to complete a journalism practicum for my fantastic adviser, Claudia Cuddy. You can thank her for the next four months of posting I'll be doing.

While Abide With Us was originally created as an exercise in beat reporting and online multimedia, I now have a lot more freedom with the direction we travel from here. Considering that this is still a journalism course, I'd like to write more about the media and its dealings -- many of them embarrassing -- with religion.

With any luck, I'll also return to sharing the adventures of Rowan's Catholic Campus Ministry, along with my own personal reflections.

Put simply, the new Abide With Us is a whole mess of neat stuff about faith and journalism. And it's going to be fabulous! I hope you (and your friends!) will come along again for the ride. I'll be back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my blog! Please remember when commenting that this is an academic assignment, and while I will gladly answer any questions about Catholicism, I will only be able to respond regarding my own personal faith to a certain extent. If you would like to engage me about *my* faith, feel free to contact me privately. Peace! :)