Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Farewell Post...For Now

Sixteen weeks ago, I began my first day here at Rowan and, despite being a junior, the adjustment process was still a bit bumpy.

Now, almost as quickly as it began, the semester is over. I survived, and have a good deal of writing to add to my growing resume portfolio. I would have never guessed an entire blog would be added in, though!

As I've mentioned in the past, Abide With Us was a semester-long project for my Online Journalism I course. Friends and my professor have all commented since about my ability to be personal here, and I couldn't help but smile. Allow me to let you in on a little secret: I've been a blogger in various forms for eight years now. ;) Needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled when I learned that blogging would be the cornerstone of this course.

And suddenly, almost strangely, I don't have to write here anymore.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm shutting the site down. It will remain up, with all multimedia intact, until the Internet explodes. Who knows, now and again I may return with comments on the Church and the media. I'd love to work the religion beat someday. A girl can dream, right?

Thank you to Fr. Larry Polansky, Msgr. John Burton and Fr. Tom Kiely for giving your time (and faces!) to make my feature stories come together. Thanks also to Lois Dark and Ann Polo for allowing me to record at CCM meetings. I'm blessed for having all of you as mentors.

Mark Berkey-Gerard, my professor, made this blog possible, and has turned me into a multimedia princess in the process. I'll be back on the web with him next semester--I'll post a link when things settle down.

And for those of you who have read faithfully or have just stumbled here while looking for cupcake recipes, I appreciate you coming along on both my faith journey and that of Rowan's Catholic community.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Peace be with you!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulta Fast Keto Boost with BHB is here to stay because of the insurmountable success people are having losing up to 1lb of fat per day!
    Ultra Fast Keto Boost

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in my blog! Please remember when commenting that this is an academic assignment, and while I will gladly answer any questions about Catholicism, I will only be able to respond regarding my own personal faith to a certain extent. If you would like to engage me about *my* faith, feel free to contact me privately. Peace! :)