Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Saints: An Interactive Timeline

Behold! I come bringing you another super cool multimedia project. :) (What can I say? I get giddy late at night.)

I talked a bit about the saints in a post at the beginning of this month, and I wanted to dig into the topic a bit further with this project. You'll find that I've chosen ten saints from various periods in history, beginning with the time of Christ and ending with the contemporary era. I picked five men and five women saints that have made what I believe are significant contributions to the Catholic Church and the Christian community at large. Some others were virtually unknown while alive, but because I happen to like their stories, I've included them as well.

If you're wondering how we decide who is recognized as a saint, there is a good resource here. Keep in mind that all canonization does is allow the Church the opportunity to formally honor an individual. Everyone in heaven is a saint, and God desires all of us to become saints.

Feel free to click on anything in the timeline you find interesting to explore in greater detail. Click on the plus signs at the bottom to view other entries. There are plenty of links and videos to keep you busy for a while, if you so choose. Enjoy! (I recommend you start with the description tab for each saint.)

Note: Ignore the years listed with the entries; those were required for the timeline to display properly. The dates, however, are accurate and reflect the saint's feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my blog! Please remember when commenting that this is an academic assignment, and while I will gladly answer any questions about Catholicism, I will only be able to respond regarding my own personal faith to a certain extent. If you would like to engage me about *my* faith, feel free to contact me privately. Peace! :)