Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preview!

I'm feeling a little bit under the weather today (read: so exhausted), so I'm going to leave you with the things I'm working on to close out the month of November.

Immaculee Ilibageza- This devout Catholic woman from Rwanda is a survivor of the genocide there; I had the opportunity to see her at a thought-provoking presentation in Atco on her experience and the power of forgiveness. God's grace really can do anything, even give us the strength to forgive a murderer. Check back this weekend for a feature about Immaculee.

The Fight for Life-  This week, CCM began to circulate flyers on campus advertising a pro-life evening of prayer and presentations. Interestingly, a feminist organization here at Rowan has now begun to advertise an evening celebrating the right to choose, featuring a Christian pastor, the same night as the CCM event. I'm in the process of working with our student newspaper, The Whit, about the controversy developing between these two groups, and I'm sure it will give me plenty to write about here. At the very least, I'm going to be at CCM next week to cover the guest speaker, who is an alumna.

Spotlight- I'll be sitting down soon with a grad student who recently converted to Catholicism after 21 years as a Baptist. His story offers insight into the struggles people "on the outside" face when presented with some of the Church's stickiest doctrines.

And speaking of sticky issues...

I Confess- I'm going to talk to a few priests about what it's like to be a confidante for the deepest secrets of so many. There will be Biblical support every step of the way, and maybe even a video (though not of me in Confession--sorry to burst your bubble. ;))

Those are definite ideas that will be showing up here soon. There are also some others in the works that are being finalized as I contact sources; I'll keep those under wraps for a while.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my blog! Please remember when commenting that this is an academic assignment, and while I will gladly answer any questions about Catholicism, I will only be able to respond regarding my own personal faith to a certain extent. If you would like to engage me about *my* faith, feel free to contact me privately. Peace! :)